Good news for local businesses!
In a study by ReviewTrackers, 35% of all search traffic is local. Focusing on specific strategies for local SEO can offset the advantage of larger brands that routinely optimize for broader keywords and depend on brand recognition.
Here are five easy strategies for local SEO you can start doing today:
Optimize Your Google Business Account
By now, it’s common for most business owners to register their companies on Google My Business. Beyond Google submission, here are some optimization tips to get the most out of your Google Business Account:
- Provide the latest and most accurate information for your company, office address, products, and services.
- Include your business logo, payment methods, and other pertinent information.
- Encourage customer reviews and respond to them.
Build Content Around Local News and Events
There’s nothing like writing articles based on local topics to attract the attention of local customers. Some tactics include:
- Writing blog posts about local places of interest, events, news, issues, etc.
- PR spin on local content: local charities or causes that your business supports.
- Create location-specific webpages with high-quality local content if you serve different parts of a region.
Use Local Search Terms and Keywords
Using keywords and terms associated with your area is another strategy for local SEO.
Since you are targeting locally, it makes sense to use keywords that are relevant to local customers.
Google’s Keyword Planner provides keyword searches based on location, allowing you to collect data on popular search terms for a given region. You can build a list of locally relevant keywords to target. Then, incorporate your target keywords into your site’s meta content, copy, and URL’s.
In addition, mention region-specific landmarks and establishments in your web content.
Optimize for Voice Search
Comscore predicts 50% of all searches will be voice searches by 2020.
With voice search, people ask questions when they speak into their devices. Essentially, they will use more long-tail keywords when doing voice searches. Hence, you will need to adjust your keywords and SEO content to fit a more conversational tone. Begin with traditional question starters that answer: who, what, when, where, why, and how.
Register with Online Business Directories
The easiest strategy by far is submitting your business details to local business online directories like Yelp and the Yellow Pages.
Just like your Google My Business page, your company listing should also include the following:
- Complete business details: name, address, phone number
- Accurate description of your business
Optimizing your website for local SEO turns into more website traffic, leads, and conversions. All coming from local customers! Follow our strategies for local SEO today to start seeing results.
If you have any questions about local SEO or how to start winning in local search, contact us now! Our team of experts is ready to help.