Using Pinterest can be a great way to increase sales for your business, especially if you have an e-commerce store. Potential customers are often interested in buying the products that they see on pins so the Pinterest platform can help to boost traffic to your product pages and increase purchases. Here are our tips for effective boards and pins.
How to Increase Pinterest Traffic and Conversions
Pinterest for Business
To start, be sure that you are using a Pinterest account that is for business. This will give you extra features that can be useful to your business, such as tools to track your progress.
Pinterest Board Tips
● Create board names that include keywords that people are likely to search for. If you create general names like “articles”, your boards are less likely to be found. So use specific terms such as “Facebook Ads Funnels”.
● Create a group board that others can pin on. This can increase your traffic and exposure.
● Set up a board for holding Pinterest contests.
Tips for Pinning
Here are some tips for how to make the most of your pins to boost your traffic and sales from Pinterest.
● Include consistent pinning in your social media schedule to continually increase views of your pins, which will lead to more visitors to your site or blog, customers, and sales.
● Images that take up more space on Pinterest get more clicks. Therefore, make sure that the images you post are as wide and as long as possible for the platform. You can do a Google search to find the current acceptable length and width sizes for images.
● Create engaging descriptions of your pins to entice visitors to click to your site. Also, use keywords to help increase the chances that your pins will be found. Add a call to action and link at the end of your descriptions, wherever possible.
● Create images that include more than one product on them. This can significantly increase your site visits and conversions. This is probably due to the fact that it makes the images more interesting and people are more likely to want at least one of the products featured in the image.
● Add information about your products and services to the pins that are generating the greatest amount of traffic. You can even use products from affiliates if you don’t have your own.
● Use rich pins. These types of pins can help you to add more details to your pins. For example, if you sell e-commerce products, you can add details about the products.
● Create pins for your blog posts. For each post, create a nice image with the title of the blog on the image.
Special Offers / Coupons
Creating special offers such as free shipping or by one, get one free, is one way to boost your sales, and you can showcase these offers on a Pinterest board for your business. Another idea is to create a pin that has an image of a coupon on it, including a hashtag, and a code for the coupon that a visitor can redeem. Share your coupon on relevant boards, such as special deal boards.
Another way to get sales from Pinterest is by creating ads. If you have a pin that is getting a lot of traffic and conversions, you can increase this even more by running Pinterest ads.
Do you need help with managing your Pinterest account or campaign? Get in touch with us today!