Collaborating with influencers to grow a brand has become an increasingly popular marketing strategy. The benefit of working with the right one is that they already have an established connection and trust with the type of audience that you want to sell to. Before working with an influencer, it is important to establish your reasons for working with them, a strategy to find the best influencers for you, and a plan for collaboration. Here are our tips.
Partnering with Influencers to Grow Your Business
Does Your Brand Need Influencers?
Influencer marketing can help to grow your brand more quickly and also helps to keep your product or service top of mind for customers that may have tried your product or are considering trying it. The influencer helps to promote your brand by talking about it, trying it out or demonstrating it, or recommending it to his or her followers. This also helps to generate new content for your business and spreads your message.
Finding the Right Influencers for Your Brand
Before your start your search for an influencer, you must establish the type of influencer you are looking for and the characteristics that they need to have. This will help you to find the best influencers for your business. Here are some of the things to look for:
● Make sure that the target audience of your influencer matches the type of audience that you want to target to ensure that they will be interested in your product or service. You can find tools, such as Facebook Audience Insights, that can help you to compare audiences in detail, including criteria such as age and interests. Also, the influencer’s niche should complement your niche, not compete with it.
● Ensure that the influencer you want to contact has enough followers and community engagement on the platform you want to work with them on. For example, if you want an influencer to promote you on YouTube, make sure they have enough YouTube followers and engaged followers.
● Make sure that the influencer has a likable and honest personality so that they will be genuine about how they represent your product. Ask them if they have represented other products in the past and see if you like the way they represented them. The influencer should be able to align with your style and messaging to accurately represent you and should only represent your brand if they truly like what you offer.
Where to Look to Find Influencers
There are several ways that you can find the influencers that you need for your brand. We list a few here:
● Using platforms that are specifically designed for finding influencers is one of the best ways of finding them. They allow you to search by specific criteria. One example of this type of platform is BuzzSummo.
● If you are looking for blogger influencers, you can also use tools specifically for this, such as BlogDash.
● Some other ideas for finding what you are looking for are searching for relevant hashtags to find influencers, setting up Google Alerts to find people who use keywords that are related to your business, and setting up social media listening to find people who are discussing you or things that are similar to your business.
Once you have made a list of some influencers you are interested in working with, create a plan for reaching out and following up with them.
At Mission Web Marketing, we will help you to find the right influencers for your brand and build an effective relationship with them. Get in touch today!