Facebook video ads can create great opportunities for your business. Video ads give the user a quick overview of what you are marketing through visually and audibly.
Creating a Facebook video ad may sound intimidating, but with Facebook’s easy to use Power Editor and Live Advertising Interface, you’ll be creating audio visual content in no time flat!
Social Media Examiner gives a great tutorial of how to create video advertisements with both Live Advertising Interface and Power Editor.
Creating Video Ads With the Live Interface
The live interface is direct and takes almost no time at all to get your campaign up and running.
- Log into your advertising manager and click on Create Ad on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Then, select Get Video Views.
- Facebook prompts you to choose which page you want to use to promote the video.
- Next, Set Up the Campaign. Place the campaign name and then select your target audience demographics (location, age, gender), interests and behaviors. Finally, pick your bidding strategy and budget.
- Once the campaign is set up, upload your video. The format needs to be .MOV files. Upload file up to 1 GB with a resolution of 720p and the aspect ratio of at least 16:9.
- After the video has been successfully uploaded, setup the text and the call to action. This is very important step, you only will be able to set up a landing page if you pick one of the eligible calls to action. The CTA will show up while the video is playing, you won’t see it in the preview.
Power Editor How-To
The power editor may seem complicated, but it’s the the most efficient option to create variations of your video for testing purposes.
- To begin, go into Facebook Ad Manager and click on Power Editor.
- Download your advertising account in Power Editor before you begin the campaign creation procedure.
- First, sort your data by campaign, then, create a new one.
- Insert the name of the campaign, the ad buying type and objective. To increase traffic, select Video Views as the objective.
- Switch to the ad set view within the Campaign tab and make a new ad set for your video ads. Ad sets are groups of ad that target a specific group of people. Each target group needs its own ad set. Segment your ad sets, compare the results of the campaigns at the target group level. Setup the targeting method, budgets, placements and the bidding model at the ad set level, as is now required by Facebook.
- Switch from the campaign view to the ad set view in the vertical menu. Select the ad set you just made and then click the Ads tab. Now you can create a new ad.
- Name your ad and then customize it. Select the page you will use to promote it, insert the text, upload the video you want to use and select a CTA to insert your landing page URL. Here’s how to set up the ideal viewer profile for your video ad.
The advantage to using the Power Editor is that ad can be created and then duplicated quickly so you can run split tests. You can also duplicate ad sets to target other groups.
If you’re new to videos, this is a great way to do some testing. The set up is user friendly and video ads can take your marketing to the next level!